Operations Manager, Ultra Fast Fresh in Berlin
... Job summaryAt Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the...
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. Operations is at the heart of what we do, delivering hundreds of thousands of items each day and fulfilling customer orders from all over the world.
Do you want to be part of a team that is developing and launching new business models across the EU? Do you want to work on groundbreaking initiatives that will completely re-shape markets? Then this is your opportunity to make history! This is your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
The consumables operations team is developing several innovative products that focus on expanding the consumables category and require customized operations. Be part of a world-class team! Be responsible for the implementation of large scale, high impact operations programmes and work with revolutionising, game-changing automation technologies.
The role is a site lead role for an Ultra Fast Fresh Site in Berlin. It covers the overall management, control and direction of Inbound, Outbound distribution operations including delivery processes and will work to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the FC provides to our customers, resulting in exceeded productivity goals and the delivery to our customer promise.
- Manage and drive staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and other Change/ Six Sigma initiatives to enable Operations and ultimately the FC to attain our Business Plan
- Manage a team of 2-4 Managers with responsibility of a department of 100+ (200 in peak season) employees within a very fast-paced/ time-critical and demanding environment
- Set/ clarify requirements and expectations for Area Managers, Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders
- Measure performance through metrics, providing feedback, and holding Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments
- As needed partner with Managers to establish corrective plans to insure that department meets objectives
- Leverage ideas of Business Unit Managers Logistics and Team Leaders to source and nurture creative improvement plans for the FC
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments and shifts
- Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the department
- Work closely with support staff (HR, Quality Manager, Financial Manager, Facilities Manager, Safety Manager, Security Manager, IT Manager) to build and secure support and resources for projects and initiatives
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and procedures
- Manage and promote the maintenance of the working environment including driving health and safety standards across your operational area
- Ensure security procedures are followed at all times
- Maintains a complete management overview and thorough understanding of inventory in a multi-product automated environment
- Achieve stock accuracy targets
- Implements change and/or develops new processes as required to provide ability to better direct ship multiple products to multiple locations and geographies
- Continuously measure and evaluate the departmental goals and all work processes, available daily labour and daily production goals and hourly progress towards these goals
- Improve quality and eliminate errors, reduce cost per unit
- Manage and report metrics daily
- Transport / Logistik / Fahrer / Kurier, Sales / Vertrieb
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns, wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!