Software Development Manager, Product Knowledge Self-Service Team in Berlin
... Job summaryOpen to remote working anywhere in Germany.In Amazon Product Knowledge, we want to build a comprehensive schematic and semantic constructs that allows us to understand customer’s intent to provide an experience that...
Open to remote working anywhere in Germany.
In Amazon Product Knowledge, we want to build a comprehensive schematic and semantic constructs that allows us to understand customer’s intent to provide an experience that feel targeted to their shopping missing. It expands beyond factual product characteristics (e.g. resolution of a TV) to the product characteristics our customer’s use in their shopping missions – what the product is used for (e.g. baby-proofing), where the product is used (e.g. kitchen), who uses the product (e.g. teenager), when the product is used (e.g. thanksgiving) and opinions about the product (e.g. cute t-shirt). We build scalable solutions that are partially or entirely powered by AI and ML to discover Product Knowledge by mining customer engagements (e.g. search queries, customer reviews, web pages … etc.).
Our mission is to enable customer shopping journeys on Amazon by modeling an authoritative, standardized, semantically rich, easily discoverable, extensible, and universally applicable body of product knowledge that can be consistently utilized across customer shopping experiences, selling partner listing experiences and internal enrichment of product data.
If you are excited about making Amazon more dynamic and changing the way we model and understand products and help customers discover, compare and purchase things that delight them, come join us! We are seeking an outstanding Software Development Manager with initiative who enjoys diving deep into the data and coming up with innovative solutions.
You will work across multiple engineering teams, partner teams across Amazon, UX designers, and an international team of Ontologists and Taxonomists to define the strategy, requirements, and execution of the next generation Product Ontology. In this position you will directly manage a high caliber software development team and lead multiple critical initiatives. Responsibilities include strategic planning, driving application design, technical architecture and delivery. Your team will develop global business process automation solutions leveraging great UX design, large scale back-end systems, analytics, and machine learning.
The ideal candidate will be a leader who is a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong attention to detail, and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You bring extensive experience in defining the product and program roadmap, analyze cost/benefit of feature selection, make trade/off decisions, establish relationships with business stakeholders, and drive consensus across multiple stakeholders. You have a track record of leading high caliber tech teams to successfully deliver complex software products and solutions. You have a track record in developing the careers of your direct-reports, including making great hiring decisions, setting team and individual performance goals, tracking individual and team progress and performing yearly reviews. Candidates must also have an operational focus, experience in designing and evaluating system metrics, evaluating system performance, and scaling systems.
#techleader #SDMemea #SDMDEU
Key job responsibilities
- Lead and grow a team of Software Engineers to deliver customer impacting features
- You are trusted to operate with complete independence and are often assigned to focus on areas where the business and/or architectural strategy has not yet been defined
- You have deep knowledge of the core system technologies and/or broad understanding of company systems/technologies (relevant to your program/product domain). You apply this knowledge to invent, evolve, improve, and simplify technologies.
- You assess risk, drive clarity, and foster shared understanding by asking intelligent questions about proposed solutions. You create the correct sense of urgency for delivery.
- You effectively partner with all levels of leadership and are adept at building consensus.
- Hire and develop great people
- Has relentlessly high standards and expects the same form her/his team
- Transport / Logistik / Fahrer / Kurier, Sales / Vertrieb
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns, wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!