Sr. Technical Program Manager, Offers Experience - All Offers Display in Berlin
... Job summaryDo you ever struggle to explain your work? How's this: "Do you shop at Amazon? Do you know that box that says "Add to Cart" and shows a price? Our team owns the model which picks that offer and the customer experience...
Do you ever struggle to explain your work? How's this: "Do you shop at Amazon? Do you know that box that says "Add to Cart" and shows a price? Our team owns the model which picks that offer and the customer experience around the display of the offer price and the elements surrounding the 'Add to Cart' button which inform a purchase decision. We pick and display offers several billion times a day across all surfaces (mobile app, mobile web, desktop, Alexa shopping) worldwide." The mission of the Amazon Offers Experience organization is to be the world’s first and most trusted choice for every customer on earth to discover and evaluate any product or service.
Our team blends machine learning models to rank and select the best offer from the most trusted merchant for all products sold on Amazon along with a world-class front-end user experience for offer comparison to our global customers. We are responsible for the experiences and services that enable developers, including our own, to create tailored shopping experiences for every customer, product, business and marketplace offered by Amazon. We build scalable and extensible frameworks which allow for many teams at Amazon to innovate within the Offers Experience in a federated manner. If you are passionate about influencing, designing, and delivering the next-generation Amazon customer buying experience, we want to meet you.
We are looking for a Sr. Techincal Program Manager to lead the program visions for the Offer Display and the entire experience around 'Add to Cart' button. This Sr. TPM will drive enhancements to the global Amazon shopping experience that make it easier for customers to find and select the offers that best meet their needs and make a purchase decision.
In this role you will define the look and feel of a key part of the offers experience, and make everyday shopping activities more seamless and delightful. A successful candidate will have experience successfully working cross-functionally across business and technology teams to deliver complex solutions. You will have a proven track record of owning and delivering world-class experiences to customers that raise-the-bar from an innovation, usability, and design perspective. You will shape our vision and road map, and integrate these efforts into a coherent buying experience.
Key job responsibilities
- You manage large, complex technology initiatives, delivering critical solutions, significant improvements, new mechanisms, or deprecating systems that are no longer needed. These efforts require you to work with multiple teams in and/or across organizations.
- You are accountable for the overall strategy of a large program. You successfully manage all stages (from concept to delivery). Your program meets challenging business goals and/or shows measurable improvements in efficiency or experience for customers, employees/engineers, or business area.
- You understand the architecture of the systems you work with (e.g., workflows, APIs, runtime characteristics, design limitations, and maintenance requirements). You influence team technical priorities and business strategy through data-driven contributions. You are able to make a case for project priorities, resource allocation to achieve a desired business outcome, resolve an architecture deficiency, or unblock delivery.
- You communicate ideas effectively, verbally and in writing, to a wide range of audiences including Directors and VPs. You foster a constructive dialogue, harmonize discordant views, and lead the resolution of contentious issues (build consensus). You partner successfully with customers, stakeholders, and engineering teams.
- Your program management practices set a great example to others. You routinely and efficiently deliver the right things. You define clear goals and objectives. You drive crisp decisions in your program area about what projects move forward and in what priority order. You proactively identify risks and bring them to the attention of your team and stakeholders with plans for mitigation before they become roadblocks.
- You are a simplifier. You judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures. By applying project management best practices, you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
- You actively participate in the hiring process as well as mentor others - improving their skills and ability to get things done.
A day in the life
You understand technical program management and engineering best practices. You may be asked to use your knowledge to assess development processes, test plans, and operations/maintenance requirements. You work with teams to improve concurrent project delivery. You streamline and/or eliminate excess process. You influence teams to decouple from dependencies and eliminate architecture problems that stifle innovation or cause user dissatisfaction, development collisions, and/or outages. You are an excellent communicator. You write effective narratives (Amazon 6-pager) and present them effectively to Directors and VPs. You routinely deliver the right things with limited guidance. When confronted with discordant views, you are able to find the best way forward and influence others to follow that path (build consensus). You actively recruit and develop others by mentoring in your organization and/or at your location. You provide constructive feedback for engineer, manager, and other peers.
About the team
This role sits within the broader Consumer Engagement organization, which owns the technology stack for the Amazon store worldwide from the front-end customer experience to back-end service technology and website hosting.
- Transport / Logistik / Fahrer / Kurier, Sales / Vertrieb
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?
- Motivationsschreiben erforderlich?
Erhalte passende Stellenanzeigen als E-Mail
Bitte sage uns, wo du ähnliche Stellenanzeigen suchst und vergiss nicht deine E-Mail Adresse anzugeben!