As the world's most profitable logistics company DHL offers its customers outstanding service and a high level of quality. Due to the international way of working problems can be solved before they are even created and the view is constantly focused on future trends. Currently DHL employs more than 480,000 employees in more than 220 countries and if you want to be part of this success, apply now!
We are currently looking for a
Junior Financial Accounting Expert for DHL in Maastricht (NL)
Your job is to manage and control the outsourced Accounts Payable, Cash Sales and General Ledger activities of some DHL Express countries and to ensure that the daily and monthly agreed KPIs and targets are met in compliance with Accounting principles and Corporate policies. To Initiate and drive process improvements and manage the quality and needs of the Express business. You are also responsible for payment execution and bank management.
- Manage and control the outsourced Financial Accounting activities according to SOPs
- Ensure outsourced Financial Accounting activities are delivered according Service Level Agreements by daily follow-up on operational and contractual targets
- Support action plan for missed operational and contractual targets
- Ensure the financial accounts are kept in line with Deutsche Post DHL policy and guidelines, and the DHL Express Regional Operating Model
- Maintain and validate documentation: SOP, job aids, process flows, contingency plans, AR and cash sales coding template, Period-end timetable
- Participate in regular service performance meetings with the local business / Controlling
- Provide support for Financial Accounting CRISP controls
- Provide support for quality control of outsourced Financial Accounting activities
- Support the audit process (internal and external) in the most efficient way
- Resolve DHL dependencies: interface errors or dispute clarifications and B/S unreconciled items
- Support action plan to reduce DHL dependencies
- Define preventive and corrective actions for incidents
- Support continuous improvement initiatives related to Financial Accounting processes
- Participate in regular cash sales reviews with Business Partner / Controlling
- Liaise with country operational teams, financial (controlling) team including country CFO’s
- Bachelor or University level or equivalent by experience
- min. 2 years experience in an international accounting environment
- Familiar with IFRS
- Proper understanding of the AP and GL process
- PC-Skills: Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel
- Language skills: Fluent in English. Good knowledge of Dutch or French is a
preference. Knowledge of further languages used with EFSS customers is an asset
- System knowledge: Good knowledge of Oracle/SAP applications and data extraction tools like Oracle Discoverer
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- career boost!
- travel expenses from home to work (min. 10 km)
- relocation package
- 38h/week (full time)
- international woking experience
- Maastricht (NL)
- Finance / Accounting / Controlling
- Führerschein erforderlich?
- Auto erforderlich?