Infotexx – Germany seeking Microsoft certified professional for Position within the Desktop Services, Core Service Area (CSA).|
As a Systems Administrator the desired candidate will support Workstations both desktops and laptops, Production System at the client location (Frankfurt am Main. The role of a Systems Administrator is to install new software releases and perform system upgrades, evaluates and installs security and software patches, resolve software related problems, and should have a working knowledge network administration. In addition the candidate is will perform workstation, system and disaster recovery backups and perform recovery if necessary, and maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity. The Systems Administrator will have primary responsibility for supporting the Desktop Services Core Service Area (CSA). The candidate will work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls, and support of production systems.
- Responsible for managing installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows workstations and servers, and network attached storage devices, in support of business processing requirements
- Physical movement of IT or other office gear as needed
- Provide worldwide day-to-day support and customer service,
- Resolve technical failures in a timely manner, track issues, escalations, resolution and closure of IT tickets.
- Troubleshoot and solve common IT issues (password resets, computer hardware failures, access requests)
- Work on projects as needed
- Bring ideas for improvement forward
- On-call and available 24×7 to expertly support our global staff
- Execution of on-site, on the floor, technical and system administration support.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to Windows Operating Systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum level of performance to work closely with other vendors and users to coordinate upgrades, provide support for trouble calls, support of production systems.
- Should be required to attend meetings weekly, provide weekly status reports, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with experience in windows environment
- Able to confirm to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem –solving capabilities
- Should be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Able to perform installation of new customer software releases, system upgrades, evaluation and installing of patches and resolution of software related problems
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of the workstations
- Configure and maintain a variety of services like FTP, Datebase, Web services etc.
- Communicate or coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Willing to travel and work on emergency situations or calls
- Create and follow procedures to include security, data safety and integrity ,disaster recovery and bulk datqa imports/exports
- Good to have scripting knowledge in multiple disciplines' on windows, Linux and Solaris systems
- Ensure systems are secure to the company guidelines by utilizing tools
- Maintain operational, configuration and other procedures; verify system availability with existing enterprise tools
- Participate in the troubleshooting system issues internally and coordinate efforts with third party providers and other operational support entities
- Must have ability to work when required and respond to after hour calls "provide on call support"
- Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill set in windows system administration along with ability to navigate through the trouble reporting and tracking system