Leider ist die Stellenanzeige nicht mehr aktiv
Würdest du gerne eine Benachrichtigung erhalten, falls wir ähnliche Stellenanzeigen wie diese haben? Registriere dich und erhalte speziell für dich ausgewählte Stellenanzeigen in deinem Postfach!Kostenlos anmelden
Position: Warehouse First Line Manager
Location: St Albans, Hertfordshire
Grade: RCS O
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Closing Date for Applications: 25th January 2016
At DHL, people mean the world to us. We aim to attract and retain the best talents. We provide challenge and opportunity for personal and professional development. We make sure that you know what a difference you make to our business and how you can be proud of building THE logistics company for the world.
Under the DHL Supply Chain umbrella, one of the business units of DHL, our mission is to provide customized logistics and industry solutions in the areas of supply chain management, warehousing, distribution, value added services, and lead logistics provider services for our customers - helping them deliver better results every day.
What are you accountable for achieving as Warehouse First Line Manager?
We are offering two exceptional candidates the opportunity of an First Line Manager. to plan, co-ordinate and supervise the work activities of a team through effective communication, leadership, motivation, training & development. Ensuring that the SLAs are achieved and a very high quality of service maintained are prerequisites.
- Team Management and employee engagement
- Effective management of the resource available reallocating tasks to meet operational requirements
- Direct the daily activity to ensure a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment for team members
- Deliver team member performance reviews, training & development and succession planning as appropriate
- Facilitate effective communication
- Manage all disciplinary and grievance issues in line with HR policy
- Ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Ensure company policies are communicated, applied and enforced
- Through Quality Assurance personnel ensure that the high quality of fulfilment demanded by Customer is achieved
- Ensure that all SLAs are met and reported to the Shift Manager
- Monitor performances and seek ways of improving productivity levels
- Perform ad hoc duties as specified by the Customer and Management team
- Preparation of shift reports including SLA performances
- Report any breaches in Health & Safety regulations incidents or accidents & carry out full investigations when necessary
- Work with the assigned QA personnel to ensure that quality is maintained and improved
- Local project Management
- Recruitment and selection
- Specific functional responsibilities
- Employee appraisals
What will you need as a successful Warehouse First Line Manager?
- High school/secondary education
- Excellent organisational skills
- Minimum of 1 year experience of team management
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, motivation and planning skills
- Knowledge of Health & Safety requirements
- Computer literate
- Understanding of customers requirements
- NVQ ILM Certificate
- Experience of an e-commerce operation
- Knowledge of working time legislation
Internal Candidates: Can you please ensure that you notify your line manager before applying for this role and discuss your suitability before submitting your application? All applicants CV’s will be thoroughly reviewed, but not all internal candidates will necessarily be interviewed.
What will you get in return?
In addition to the excellent opportunities for progression, our package includes 25 days holiday, defined contribution pension scheme and access to discounts with major high